Dr. Fayez Abu Amria
V.P For Academic Affairs
00970 - 22751566 / 110
Palestinian universities have worked to ensure that the skills and knowledge of their graduates are appropriate and sufficient for local and global labor markets. They also provide graduates with the required competences to support sustainable development within Palestinian society in various fields, including: economic, political, social and others.
Palestine Ahliya University, the fastest-growing and most developed in this sector, comprises seven main colleges: College of Administrative and Financial Sciences, College of Law, College of Medical Sciences, College of Engineering and Information Technology, College of Arts, and College of Applied Sciences. The university strives for excellence and innovation in selecting academic programs that meet the high demands of labor market and increasing employment opportunities for graduates.
The University has a highly reputable academic staff with distinctive teaching and research experience. In addition to that, the University provides scholarships to some graduates to complete their graduate studies abroad, and encourages lecturers with graduate degrees to obtain a PhD from regional or international universities. PAU invests in creating meaningful linkages and partnerships with the local private sector to support graduates with employment opportunities in addition to creating academic and research partnerships and bridges with local, regional, & international academic and research institutions.
Parallel to the development of new academic programs, PAU has sought to equip the University’s laboratories with advanced technology and equipment in order to meet the highest international standards of quality. PAU pays significant attention to the unique needs of students as they are representing the educational outcomes of the University. The University has developed strategies and policies that guarantee the highest academic level for the students. These policies include the manner in which acceptance cumulative and specialization rates are calculated. In addition to that, the students have to pass university acceptance exams in order to join the required specialization at PAU.
Academic Affairs focuses on improving the academic and practical competencies of the students as required by the labor market, through tuning the educational inputs in an accurate manner and supporting business incubators within the University. To achieve that, we continuously upgrade the academic staff at the university in different fields, including: the use of modern, technological & creative teaching methods, and research opportunities.
The Office of Academic Affairs at Palestine Ahliya University endeavors to; achieve excellence and academic creativity in various academic fields, lead the existing or future academic programs, provide the academic and practical competencies of the labor market with high quality specifications, in addition to excellence in the development of academic services, specialized teams in various academic research fields, and partnerships with the local community.
The Office of Academic Affairs provides all the possibilities, ways and means to cultivate a distinguished academic environment, implement all academic policies and provide the necessary supports to further academic growth and development. The Office of Academic Affairs at PAU also provides support for the development of groups of specialists to conduct academic and scientific research, training and community service, and innovative projects and initiatives for students. This is all in addition to supervising all academic affairs of the University and enhancing the reputation of PAU as a leading university in Palestine.
– Continue development and enhancement of existing bachelor programs in line with quality standards and labor market needs.
– Improve the academic performance of the University, in addition to support their participation in academic activities and providing external opportunities.
– Participate in the development of curricula and of study plans for existing academic programs and propose new methodologiesand non-curricular programs.
– Monitor academic quality assurance.
– Contribute to the development of modern academic programs that meet the needs of local and external markets.
– Develop academic policies and regulations in line with modern systems.
– Develop academic advising services for students, and continue to improve them.
– Develop modern and advanced postgraduate studies that meet the highest quality standards.
– Activate the University’s relationship with national and international higher education institutions.
– Follow up all academic affairs related to programs, students, development, research, conferences, seminars, workshops and academic publications.
– Ensure an appropriate teaching and learning environment at the University.