The Interactive Living Lab was created as part of the activities of the World Bank-funded Management Information Systems Program (QDF) project. In order to close the gap between academic outcomes and private-sector requirements by providing a creative and collective working environment that connects academic output with local and regional market needs and requirements. Furthermore, the lab builds real labor market problems and challenges and offers innovative solutions through the use of technology to serve the business.
A wide area of technology infrastructure is provided with the latest equipment, electronics and software. Additionally it is considered to be a platform for collaboration between researchers, students, and private sector companies to apply knowledge in solving business problems offered by companies. It is a real opportunity to gain practical experience in research, innovation, hands-on training, and propose annual topics for student graduation projects.
This Interactive living Lab is distinguished among the Palestinian universities and it is similar to laboratories at prestigious international universities.
- Solve real business problems facing the private sector by providing innovative technological solutions.
- Build systems that predict and anticipate future problems based on data from the business sector.
- Conduct scientific research among academics, private sector, and students.
- Use the Interactive living Lab as part of practical application in courses offered in the college.
- Provide an environment for conducting community and environmental graduation projects.
- Allow the private sector to conduct research, experience and solve in this lab
The Interactive living Lab is a collective work environment, so a comprehensive technological infrastructure and interior design has been provided that supports this idea, and the Interactive living Lab contains:-
- The latest desktop PCs with high specifications
- Multifunction copy and print machine.
- Color network printer
- Interactive LCD
- 3D printer
- Visual Conference System.
- Data analysis, systems inspection, design and more.
Dr. Labib Arafa
Dean of the College of Engineering and Information Technology