Sports rehabilitation contributes to the development of health and prevention by injured athletes rehabilitation to the highest level of function at the very least possible time. Several methods are used that fits to the type and degree of injury .Moreover it helps in restoring the athletes health, get them back to be active and protects the area of repeated injury. Furthermore, Sports rehabilitation is a key focus in the treatment of many injuries, related to the motor muscle system because it aims to rehabilitate athlete’s functional state by taking care of the weaknesses of some muscles, ligaments and joints.
Admission and required hours:
Passing high school (Tawjihi) or equivalent.
Hours required obtaining degree in this specialty:
- knowledge and understanding:
- Human anatomy and physiology (emphasis on the dynamic relationships of human structure and function).
- Human growth and development throughout life.
- Basic Principles and theories from Physics, electrical physics, Biomechanical and applied practice Science.
- Principles of Movement Science and functional Analysis based on anatomical, physiological, and mechanical considerations.
- Effects of the intervention on sports rehabilitation procedures.
- Clinical supplement to pathology and its relationship to treatment.
- Different theories of kinesthetic learning and motor control.
- Principles of research and physical therapy based on evidence.
- Legal responsibilities and ethical considerations for professional practice.
- cognitive skills:
- Integrate basic anatomical, physiological, and biomechanical knowledge with clinical data.
- Carry out a thorough examination and assessment to access the diagnosis of natural therapy.
- Synthesize the relevant acquired data to predict the status of the satisfactory condition.
- Formulate a care plan to achieve realistic goals.
- Write patient problems concise, accurate, and understandable.
- Justification of indicators, and proper use of equipment and countervailing devices.
- Extract data from books, using information technology and library resources to solve patient problems.
- Benefit from scientific thinking in solving problems related to patients, work management, and rehabilitation team.
- Practical skills:
- Perform final physical treatment tests.
- Build a list of problems, strengths, capabilities, and stores.
- Formulate physical treatment diagnosis.
- Apply the treatment plan designed through the assessment.
- Implement a treatment plan in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform the patient’s initial and regular assessment.
- Recognize cross-border professional boundaries and restrictions.
- transferred skills:
- Employ the principles and fundamentals that they learn in work in areas that benefit sports rehabilitation.
- Participate actively with others.
- Support team culture and group leadership.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility by working on multiple deadlines in complex activities.
- Employ electronic and technological skills in the field of employment.
- Create opportunities, projects, entrepreneurship and self-employment.
- communication skills:
- Use and employ technologies in their work on sports rehabilitation.
- Use computer and various software to work and facilitate the implementation task.
- Acquire different communication skills with all industry stakeholders or companies to implement projects.
- behavioral and ethical skills:
- Obey law and ethics of the profession with any private or government entity.
- Respect work and scientific research in the field of specialization and commit to its ethics.
- Get ready to work and serve community with different impressions and behaviors.
- sports injury clinics
- Most sports institutions.
- Sports clubs and fitness centers.
- With sports teams.
- Qualifying for professional athletes.
Possible job titles:
- Sports rehabilitation therapist.
- Physical rehabilitation therapist.